Iodovinylidene tungsten complexes are generated from 1-iodo-1-alkynes and W(CO)5(thf), and are employed for two types of synthetically useful reaction, that is, 6π-electrocyclization for o-(iodoethynyl)styrenes, and endo-selective cyclization for ω-iodoacetylenic silyl enol ethers and 1-iodo-5-en-1-yne.
- Endo-selective cyclization
- Iodovinylidene tungsten complex
- Trimethylsilylvinylidene rhodium complexes
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Process Chemistry and Technology
- Physical and Theoretical Chemistry