We demonstrate spin-exchange optical pumping of 129Xe atoms with our newly made laser system. The new laser system was prepared to provide higher laser power required for the stable operation of spin maser oscillations in the 129Xe EDM experiment. We studied the optimum cell temperature and pumping laser power to improve the degree of 129Xe spin polarization. The best performance was achieved at the cell temperature of 100 ∘C with the presently available laser power of 1 W. The results show that a more intense laser is required for further improvement of the spin polarization at higher cell temperatures in our experiment.
- Spin polarization in diamagnetic atoms
- Spin-exchange optical pumping
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Nuclear and High Energy Physics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Physical and Theoretical Chemistry