The heavy-fermion superconductor URu2Si2 shows an intriguing increase of the thermal conductivity in the mixed-state immediately below the upper critical field Hc2 which is in a sharp contrast to common experience. A brief description of the origin of this behavior is given by focusing on the role of the semi-metallic Fermi surface reconstruction induced by the hidden order phase transition.
- Electron-hole compensation
- Semi-metallic superconductor
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Energy Engineering and Power Technology
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering