This paper presents a novel prototype of 3-level 3-phase voltage-fed soft switching commutation inverter with two Active Auxiliary Resonant DC Link (ARDCL) snubbers which can operate under a condition of Zero Voltage Switching (ZVS) transition. Its operating principle is described herein. The feasible steady-state performances of the proposed soft switching commutated inverter using the latest IGBTs such as planner type and trench type IGBTs, which is more suitable for power systems applications, are evaluated and discussed 011 the basis of its experimental results and simulation ones.
- 3-level voltage source inverter
- active auxiliary resoliant DC link snubber
- new space vector modulation
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering