We present a comprehensive analysis of the electrical-to-optical (E/O) response of multiquantum-well electroabsorption modulators integrated with microwave coplanar waveguides. The predicted small-signal E/O response is validated through comparison with measurement. A photocurrent effect on the dynamic extinction ratio is also demonstrated.
- Coplanar waveguide (CPW)
- Electrical-to-optical (E/O) response
- Electroabsorption modulator (EAM)
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering