The nuclear g-factor of the T1/2 = 28 ns high-spin isomer in 149Dy has been measured using the γ-ray time-differential perturbed angular distribution (TDPAD) technique with a pulsed beam of 132Xe. The experimental value g=+0.41(6) is in good agreement with a fully aligned multi-quasiparticle configuration π(h211/2)⊗ν (f7/2h9/2i13/2(d-2 3/2)0). This result indicates that only neutron particle-hole excitations across the N=82 shell-closure occur at this isomeric state.
- Dy deduced high-spin isomer g factor, configuration
- Measured delayed E, I (θ,H,t)
- Nuclear reactions Mg(Xe, xn)Dy, E=7.0 MeV/nucleon
- Time-differential perturbed angular distribution method, deformed independent particle model analysis
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Nuclear and High Energy Physics