The recent research progress in the area of plant design and simulation modeling highlighted the importance of integrating plant design and simulation models with other models within the plant life-cycle. A computer-aided modeling environment is required to overcome the integration complexity among the enterprise models. This paper proposes a design of computer-aided plant enterprise modeling environment called CAPE-ModE. Such modeling environment comprises a central repository, model management system (MMS), translator, and standard application programming interface routines (APIs). The enterprise models are represented in such modeling environment using unified modeling language (UML). Such modeling environment will improve the efficiency of constructing, manipulating, and utilizing the plant life-cycle models.
- Computer-aided modeling environment
- Plant enterprise engineering environment
- Unified modeling language
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Computer Science Applications
- Management Science and Operations Research
- Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering