Japan has to urgently build a new system for securing electric power supply including renewable energy and for saving electric power. The electricity demand and the electricity supply based on renewable energy are influenced by the weather. Thermal power generation may also be affected by equipment failure. Therefore, plotting of a plan is required to avoid electric power shortage under inaccurate prediction for supply and demand of electricity. In this article, we propose a probability evaluation system to avoid electricity shortage. We also propose a method for setting the electricity saving rate to avoid electricity shortage while maintaining the present level of electricity shortage occurrence risk.
- Bennett probability inequality
- Chebychev probability inequality
- Electric power demand-and-supply balance
- Electric power shortage probability evaluation system
- Hoeffding probability inequality
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Social Sciences(all)